Monday, June 25, 2007

Fun in the Sun!

Well this past week has been a fun one. The girls out here have decided to do a couple of extra things this summer for the kids. Tuesdays we go to this park where they give the kids a free lunch (provided by the school district) and then they get to play in the wading pool there. It's 18" deep and Drew absolutely loves it.

He loves being able to splash in the water and run around in it. He also likes the fact that mom doesn't have to be in there with him, but on occasion he does drag me in to give me a good splash! It is such a great park for the kids.


We still go to the mall on Wednesdays to let the kids play at the play place. And Thursdays we are now going to the pool at our complex here to have a good swim. Doug and I just bought Drew a life jacket so now he can play with the other kids in the pool. I'll post some pictures of him in his new swim wear after the pool this week. We only bought the jacket Sat.


I hope everyone can keep cool this summer, we sure are trying. But with 89 degrees and 95% humidity, it's kind of hard! Chow!

3 comments:

The Giles said...

Sounds so fun. I wish we had a pool where we live. It's the only real bummer about our place. I totally hear you on the 89 degrees with 95% humidity. I didn't realize it was so humid in Iowa. It's crazy out here. I'm not looking forward to July and August.

Debbi said...

YEAH summer! I love activities and being busy!!! I can't wait to see little Drew in his jacket :)

{Erica} said...

Looks like fun. Can't wait to do all the fun things with you guys!