Friday, June 6, 2008

ENOUGH of the weather

Wow! The weather out here has been totally freaky. In fact, last night was the first night we have ever had to go to the coat closet. It's been raining here for the past 5 days and with that brings extremely strong winds (70 mph), which causes tornadoes. Even though we had to venture into our coat closet, a tornado didn't come. It hit further north of us. I tell you, I've never been so freaked out in my life. It was just Drew and I at home, Doug was working. But I'm glad that's over...for now! The big problem we're facing here is flooding. Our rivers are past their max and streets are already closed due to the excess rain. I wish I had some pictures to show you.

On a lighter note, Drew has been able to play with his cousin Matthew! Even though I know they enjoy each other's company, I can't help but wonder what Matthew's mom thinks of my little bully. Drew likes to wrestle (thanks to his friend Owen) and Matthew doesn't! So I feel I'm constantly telling Drew to stop picking on Matthew. Sorry Ann Marie, I don't know how to stop my child! But here is a cute picture of the two boys playing in the tub!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!! I am so sick of the weather here! Seriously can't wait to go to Utah! (watch it rain the whole time we are there)
We have had to put Ginger in her kennel every night because of the storm. The poor thing shakes all night and then sleeps all day! That pic is hilarious! Love Drew's face. I feel like I haven't seen you forever!!! I wish we could have gotten together before we left. Quinn works all weekend and then we are leaving on Tues. Looks like you guys are having fun with the family!

{Erica} said...

such a cute picture. I HATE THE WEATHER HERE RIGHT NOW! As i am typing this they are warning us about flash flooding again tonight and tornados...what the??!!! I'll call you tomorrow about the house and stuff. Thanks so much for doing it for us.

The Giles said...

Oh please Courtney - I don't think anything of it. Boys are boys. Some are rougher and that's just the way it is. Matt is glad, thinking Drew will help him be less of a sissy. I'm just glad they are friends!