Monday, August 17, 2009

St. George

Every year, my dad's side of the family gets together for a family reunion. But it's just my dad's parents, his siblings and their kids. This year we all spent time in St. George, UT. It was so much fun! We went swimming and some of us went hiking. We had dinner and just spent time with each other. It was so nice.

There is this place you can go and overlook the valley of St. George. It's so pretty. My camera was being retarded so the pictures didn't turn out so great, but the view was incredible!


After everyone had gone home, my parents decided to stay an extra day. So we went bowling and to dinner. Let me tell you, I bowled crappy! It had been so long since I picked up a bowling ball and it showed. I don't think I broke a hundred all day. The best part of bowling was watching Drew try to throw the ball down the lane. The computer would show how fast your ball went down the lane. Doug's was an average of 20 mph...Drew's was an average of 3 mph! It was so funny!

St. George has a little park over by the old Tabernacle that has a touch pad fountain and a little stream for kids (and adults) to play in! Drew had an absolute blast and Preston didn't quite know what to think of the fountains! And it felt so good since it was so hot that day! The river has little water falls that Drew liked to sit under, and big rocks you can jump from one to the other. It's a good place to go and cool off!





One of the days we went over to the mall. Drew had to try on some shoes and put the little nylons on. Well, he liked them so much, he wore them until they literally fell off his feet! But he wore them with his sandals. We were laughing so hard at his awesome socks!

When my parents left, they took both my boys home with them, (it was first time away from Preston). They took them home because I had three days of orientation for my new job. Yes, I got a job! It's in St. George, which is only a half hour drive, and it's at the new Dixie Regional Hospital. It's such a gorgeous hospital and I'm so excited to be working there! They gave me the days and hours that I was looking for without hesitation and I'm thrilled to be there!



After my orientation on Wednesday, I drove up to Sandy to get my boys! It was a nice drive to do by myself. I thought I'd be bored, but actually, it was great! I was able to listen to my own music and not Backyardigans! I could stop wherever and whenever I wanted! The drive back with the boys was good too. It took about an hour longer, but that's because of potty breaks and food breaks! Thanks Mom and Dad for watching them, and you too Grandma and Grandpa! Doug and I really appreciated it. You guys are the best! See you in a few weeks!

1 comment:

Family Scads said...

It was so good to hear from you the other day. I really do miss you and wish that you were just in the places next door so that we could hang out all the time. Boo hoo!

I loved the picture of the place that overlooks St.George. I don't even want to guess about how many girls Nate made out with up there...I know it's a lot (man whore!).

Love and miss you!
-Kim