Thursday, July 10, 2008

what a birthday

Well, Tuesday was my birthday...yep that's right! I turned the awesome age of 24! Although, for me, my birthday isn't that big of a deal, just another day. But for some reason, this year it was. And I think it was because this is the first birthday in about two years I've had family to share it with. Doug's family has been in town and we have had a blast with them.

Doug's parents got me an awesome pair of sandals. They are flip flops from Clarks, and they are SO comfortable! I needed a good pair of sandals that I could wear throughout my pregnancy this summer, and these are perfect!


My sister-in-law gave me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers, I just need to go out today and get me a vase to put them in! Not to mention a shopping trip for maternity clothes from all the birthday money I scored, and yummy cookies from a wonderful friend!

Doug's present is the one I'm so excited to use...a day at the spa! He totally scored points there! It's a complete rejuvenation package that includes a massage, facial, shampoo and deep scalp massage, manicure and pedicure! Thanks babe! I love you!

Wednesday we took all the kids to the zoo and let them see the animals and especially the cute baby elephant! They had a blast and weren't ready to go when we finished everything at the zoo, (you can do that in about an hour)!


But before I go, you have to check out the cutest 6 week old ever! This is Quentin, Doug's sister's baby! I got to babysit him last night...oh what a cutie!! Drew wanted to hold him and sit by him all night! It was great!

4 comments:

Debbi said...

Happy birthday! Glad you had a great day and all the family around to help you celebrate it! I hope the elephants are gone from the zoo - we are going to go next week, they look soo fun

Megan and Shawn said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day.

{Erica} said...

I'm glad you had a fun birthday. I love the sandals and WAIT TO GO DOUG!! Birthdays are a big deal in our house and I love hearing about other birthday celebrations.

Miss you!

Jason and Teresa said...

Happy Birthday! I had a great time spending time with you. cute pictures!!