Saturday, December 6, 2008

We're Home

I have to say that my time over at Methodist was awesome! The nursing staff and the doctors were so great, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. But it's sure nice to finally be home.


Drew has been so attentive to Preston. He has to know where he is at at all times. And if Preston starts crying, Drew is right there to rub his head and tell him it's OK..well, it's more of a nugie type rub! This morning he started to share with Preston, he just had to make sure that he had a couple cars with him!


Last night was a little rough for our little chub. My milk hasn't come in yet and so he's been cluster feeding...meaning he's eating ALL the time! So we had to supplement him with an ounce of formula to get him to sleep. Can't wait until my milk comes...then my poor guy won't starve. In fact, his discharge weight was 9 lbs. 11 oz. So he lost a whole pound in the hospital.

And last, but certainly not least, I have to say a HUGE thank you to my dad. Thank you so much for coming out here and taking care of Drew. I can't tell you how much that helped us, and how much Drew loved having you here. And he keeps talking about his gingerbread house! I appreciate all that you do for us, and all that you did for us this past week. You are awesome and I love you so much!

14 comments:

Christi said...

He is so adorable! Congratulations on being a mom of 2. You will do great.

suds2004 said...

Yeah, your home! Preston is so cute. I am glad things are going well, I want to stop by sometime. I also have nothing but good things to say about Methodist.

The Chappell's said...

He is gorgeous! I know that he and Drew are going to be the best of friends - most of the time. You do have a terrific Dad - I've known him for a little while - he's okay. I know that he wouldn't have given up this experience for ANYTHING!

Love you - here or there,

Jen

Anonymous said...

Congrats! He is so cute! I can't believe how big he is. Drew will be such a good big brother. I am glad you are home and doing well.

Sara Stinger

Anonymous said...

So glad you are home! Preston is so dang cute! I can't get over his chubby cheeks. The picture of him and your dad is precious. See you soon!

jess said...

Oh my! He is soooo cute!!! I can't wait to meet the little big man!

{Erica} said...

He's just so cute and I love that drew had to be sure he had some cars :)

Your dad is so freaking awesome...seriously a wonderful guy.

Glad you're home :)

we had fun last night!

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

He's a cutie! I hate the whole thing with breastfeeding! it's so hard!

Jason and Whitney Powell said...

Oh i want to come see your little monster baby. He's so cute. I cant believe he got your cheeks court. ya for me im an aunt of 2 little boys.

Megan and Shawn said...

Courtney, those cheeks are so adorable!! I just want to squeeze him. I love the "love pat" Drew is giving Preston, he and Sam sound like they took the same "sibling torture" class.

Halen said...

Okay. Your dad is like the best dad ever.

allison said...

Courtney he is so cute, I love those cheeks.

Quinton & Mori Jensen said...

Hey Court!
So I'm finally sending out family Christmas cards for the first time! :) I need your address and I don't know how best to get ahold of you...(soon). Could you email it to me? Thanks so much! Hope you're all doing well! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! I love you!
qmjensen_05@hotmail.com

-Mori

Brenda said...

Congratulations on Preston's arrival. We too are relishing our new baby boy. Could you please send me your e-mail address (brenmllr@yahoo.com). We're doing e-cards this year and would like to send you one. Merry Christmas!