Sunday, March 28, 2010

Poor little guy

These last three months have not been very pleasant at the Giles' home. You see, I have this love/hate relationship with daycare. I love that I have had a place to take the boys while I'm in school. I love that Drew has a curriculum and is actually learning something. I love that the boys love their teachers. I hate that it costs so much...seriously, it's ridiculous. I hate that even when the boys don't go, I still have to pay. And I hate....HATE that ever since they started going, Preston has been sick.

I'm not kidding. Since the day he's been in daycare, he's had a cough. He's also fought a rash, runny nose, hand/foot and mouth disease, ear infections, fevers, and now he is fighting an ear infection that was so bad it was bleeding and RSV. What more can this kid get? Well I'll tell you.

Saturday I came home from work to find a HUGE rash all over Preston's body. It is one of those rashes that also come with hives. So off to the Insta-Care we go, (by the way, the Insta-Care is 40 minutes away). Come to find out, Preston is allergic to the Amoxicillin that he's been taking for his ear infection. I mean, really? My kid is allergic to the #1 prescribed antibiotic. Go figure.


So here is what he looks like. Starting with Saturday,Day 1:






Sunday, Day 2:



And you know what gets me the most? Is that he can still be happy through it all. Yes he gets whiny...wouldn't you if you constantly didn't feel good? But he will still play and smile and laugh. I love you little guy. And I sure hope you get over all of this crap.

7 comments:

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

Oh man that is terrible!! I am so sorry! That rash looks scary! rsv suck so bad and it sounds like the poor kid is going to build his immune system up in three months!

{Erica} said...

crap! That sucks. Reminded me of when Mailee had that rash and everyone thought it was because she was allergic to anitibiotics (which she wasn't). Glad that it's clearing up.

Maybe being in daycare will make his immune system stronger.

I hope you and Doug are doing well. Having sick kids puts a major toll on you as parents.

Love ya!

Amy said...

Oh that poor boy! I am so sorry! Hives are HORRIBLE! I get them when I am stressed. At least the hives make his eyes look super blue. I hope he gets feeling better soon.

The Giles said...

That is awful. He is such a cute boy, and it hurts just to see those pictures. Wish we could meet him in person. I'm sure you don't, but I wish you were still here.

Jason and Whitney Powell said...

Poor Pretson! It will be good for him to get out of daycare. At least he always has a smile for you! He's so cute!

Anonymous said...

Poor Preston! Those pictures made me so sad! What a good baby (we can pretend our 1 1/2 old boys are still babies right???) to be so happy with all of that!!

I hope it is clearing up fast! Court I think you are amazing to be going to school and all the other stuff. I really do.

The Halls said...

Oh my poor baby!!!! I hope things are getting better and everything else is going well We miss you guys!!