Monday, May 3, 2010

Change

A HUGE change is about to take place here at the Giles' house. A change that we have been waiting for for a long time. Although, not to the extent that it is happening.

I have finally been accepted into a nursing program! I start May 24th! I can't tell you how excited I am and can't wait to begin...and to finish! This program is 18 months long and goes straight through, (no summers off).


So this is a big change, but not the biggest. The school is called AmeriTech and is in Draper, UT. Which means that me and my precious boys will be moving in with family in order for me to go to school and we will be leaving our amazing husband and father behind. Yes, Doug will be staying in Mesquite since he has such a wonderful job, and we have our beautiful house. We will be doing the every-other weekend visiting and toughing this out for the next year and half.

Our main reasons for deciding to go with this program is the fact that I start now and finish in 18 months, the school has a passing rate above 90%, and my wonderful boys will not have to be in daycare. Which means Preston will not be getting sick the entire time I'm in school...hallelujah!!

My dear family has volunteered their babysitting services for us while I am in school. I can't tell you how blessed we are that we have such a supportive family. We won't be able to do this without them. A thank you just doesn't cut it.

So this is what is going on with us. I hope I will be able to keep this blog up for Doug while he is home working his tail off, not just with work, but with our house and yard. I love you Doug for being so willing to live without us during the weeks. You are such an amazing person and I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

7 comments:

{Erica} said...

YAY for you! congratulations! I hope that the next 18 months fly by. So proud of you Court!

Anne-Marie said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! :)

Jana Hopper said...

Wow.. that's quite a challenge! I stay at home all day with Phynley so if you ever need some help let me know.

Kristin said...

Court!!!! that is so so awesome!! wow!! way cool. so will i be able to see you since you will be living so close to my parents???? i am so happy for your!
xoxo

Elise said...

Wow. That's awesome! Good luck with everything. That's so great to have such a supportive family.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Court! I am a little behind. I had no idea. You are seriously amazing!! I hope the time flies for you all!! AND maybe if you have 5 minutes we can meet up sometime since we will be in Utah for the next year!

Amy said...

That is awesome! If you have any spare time and want to do a play date while you are here let me know!