Saturday, August 25, 2007

An Eventful Week

Alright everybody, bare with me. This is going to be a long post. Our camping trip went really well. It was Drew's first time camping and I have to say, he loved it! I have a lot of cousins and all of them took to Drew right away. Drew had an absolute blast being able to play in the dirt and throw the rocks, and to sit by the fire. The one thing I think he loved the most was watching the chipmunks and the squirrels. In fact, we had a squirrel that would eat right out of our hands.

Every year we do a horseshoe competition, and this years competition was in pairs. We each had a partner and it was a double elimination. My partner and I made it through the first competition, but we got out on the second. After the competition is over, the winners get a trophy!



Our family is huge into games as well. We played tons of cards and we also did a game where we each were divided into four teams and were given three primary songs. We had to chose one of our primary songs and make up a song about the family with that tune. It was an absolute blast! Our family is big into joking so when this came about, there was no stopping us!
We got home on Thursday, and Friday night we did a dinner fundraiser for JDRF and our team. Because of that, we were able to turn in $1800 for the walk today. The walk for the cure was great! My aunt was able to get the Jazz Bear to come and represent our team, "Brenner's Buddies!" It was great to see little Brenner light up when the Bear came!

The walk was at Wheeler Farm and we did two laps around the trails...well, most people did two walks, Drew was done after one! After the walk they served hot dogs for lunch with chips and drinks. Then Brenner was able to judge a classic car show. I'll show you pictures of the walk and the car show when I get them from my aunt since I forgot my camera. I know, here you all tell me to take pictures, and what do I do? Forget my camera!

Well, that's it for now, I hope you all enjoy your day! CHOW!!

3 comments:

Debbi said...

that camping trip sounds like so much fun! I couldn't get the picture to enlarge, I'm not sure why, maybe I'm retarded :)

WAY TO GO raising that much $$$. I'm so glad that it was a success!

{Erica} said...

Your camping adventure sounded totally fun! I can't believe you got a squirrel to eat out of your hands?!! The game with the primary song and rewrite cracks me ...totally sounds like something my family would do.

That is so awesome about the fundraiser!!

The Giles said...

Sounds great. I'm bummed we were in Utah at the same time and I didn't get to see you. I knew you were camping, and I left on Friday.

Glad the walk went well