Friday, May 16, 2008

a sad goodbye

This is a hard post for me tonight. The whole time I'm writing this, my eyes are full of tears. Today was the last day for Drew to play with his best friend Owen Wilde. Owen and his family are moving tomorrow. I don't know what we're going to do without you Owen. Drew and Owen were able to play all day together today. And then we were able to go to dinner with Brandon and Kyjah and Nick and Lisa Hugentobler, another couple that will be leaving us as well.

All I can say is that we will really miss you guys. No more will I be able to bribe Drew to do something so that he can play with Owen. No longer will we be able to have wrestling matches, and "take downs." Like I said before, I don't know what we'll do without Owen. But I wish his family all the best for their future. You guys definitely deserve the best. I'm hoping that whenever we are up to visit Doug's parents, that we will be able to come see you Kyjah. Take care and know that we love you guys!

So here to finish this post, is a slide show of Drew and Owen's last day together. The last picture in the slide show is Drew and Owen's very last hug...sad. {must stop the tears}

8 comments:

Andrea said...

geez Courtney....talk about depressing!! I hate this part of the whole "process!!" I am so sad to see people move on and move away too--but life goes on I guess. I never realized that along with how hard it will be for me to say goodbye when the time eventually comes--I don't really stop and think that Hunter is also losing some of his best little friends' too! *yuck*
cute boys :)

Megan and Shawn said...

How cute! I know it is sad to think about them leaving! Sam is always available for a wrestling match!

Anonymous said...

That last picture is SO sad! They are the cutest little buddies. Javien was two when we moved here and believe it or not he remember his friend from Idaho. We have a picture of him and Javien together and he still says random things about them playing together. So I am SURE Drew will remember Owen, especially if you see each other occasionally when you visit family. You know I have THREE boys who could use a wrestling buddy other than each other. =)

The Giles said...

That's so cute! 4 days and Matthew and Drew can become best buddies!

{Erica} said...

LOVED the pictures and so sad that drews little buddy is so far away now. They were so dang cute together!

allison said...

those are such cute pictues. How sad to have to say good-bye, it might be the worst part of school.

Anonymous said...

How sad! The pic of them hugging!
:( Drew and Owen were our entertainment in church! They were so cute playing together. I don't know what I am going to do when every one leaves next year! Pretty sure I don't want to even think about it!
Can't wait for Sunday!

mary said...

So sweet, Courtney. David had to leave some good friends in Utah, and it really broke my heart. Goodbyes are so hard.