Saturday, May 10, 2008

two amazing people

The past couple of days has been quite emotional here at the Giles' household. Doug and I were at Costco yesterday having lunch with Drew when Doug's mom called. She was calling to let us know that Doug's aunt Diane had passed away that morning at the hospital in the ICU. Doug and I anticipated that this might happen since she went through quite an ordeal to get to the hospital, but you always wish for the best. Doug tells me that she was a remarkable woman, I didn't really know her. Our prayers go out to my Mother-in-Law and her family for such a loss.

And this evening I was sitting on my couch when my phone beeped. It was my aunt calling to tell me that Dr. Hansen, the doctor that did my C-Section for Drew, had passed away this morning. Apparently he died of a massive heart attack. She said that he was worked on for quite a while, but his heartbeat could not be restored. My heart goes out to his family and his practice. I know his office well and I hope that they all know what a great man he was.

Now, I didn't write this in here for all of you to say you're sorry for our loss or whatever, but I'm putting it on here for the purpose of keeping a journal. This is the only way I journal and I would like to have this on record. But thank you for reading this anyway.

1 comment:

{Erica} said...

I know you didn't put this out here so you could hear this, but being that we love your guts (drew and doug included) I really am sorry to hear about his Aunt, as well as your doctor. Not good news.

Missed you today at the park...really I wished you were there...