Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Drew


Monday was Drew's 4th birthday! Four years old...it amazes me! Four years ago, we had this amazing little boy! He was 8lbs 6 oz., 21" long. Now he is 4 years old, 33lbs, and 38" tall (that's just a guess)! He is growing so fast!

Drew was able to have a nice birthday with both sets of grandparents. Both mine and Doug's parents came down this last weekend to spend some time with Drew....and of course Preston!


For Drew's birthday, Doug and I wanted to get Drew a bike. As we looked for one, we realized we weren't going to find a plain bike, so Drew ended up with a blue Transformer bike. He got so excited when he saw it! He loved it! That is until he fell off of it, now he's kind of scared to ride it. I sure hope he turns around!


Drew kind of had a Transformer themed birthday. He got a Transformer bike, and a Transformer cake, not to mention he got 3 different Transformers as gifts!


For something fun, we went to this little place in St. George called Fiesta Fun. It is a fun center with different attractions and an arcade. Drew wanted to miniature golf first, so that's what we did. He is a little golfer! He got a hole in one on one hole! But once his ball was in the hole, he moved right on to the next, even though the rest of us were still on that same hole!

After golfing Drew just had to ride the Go Karts! He wasn't tall enough to drive, so he got to ride with Doug. Grandpa Giles and Grandpa Todd also rode the Go Karts so that they could all race! Grandpa Todd started in the very last spot, but came back to win!


Then it was off to the Bumper Boats where Drew rode with me and tried to bump Doug and get him wet! Drew wanted to drive, so as you see in the picture, he is sitting on my lap...not so sure it was that safe, but oh well!


Drew absolutely loves pizza, so for dinner we headed over to the Brick Oven for some yummy pizza. Unfortunately the service was awful, so he didn't get sung to, pizza was late...over an hour late, and part of the order was wrong. But after waiting so long to get food, we weren't sending the wrong stuff back. I have to say that I absolutely LOVE the Brick Oven, but this experience was just bad...to say the least.

I can't wait for this next year with Drew. It's going to be a blast! We love you buddy! Thanks for being with us these past four years!

6 comments:

{Erica} said...

He's such a sweet kid. I loved the video. The girls had to watch it twice.

Glad you're doing well. I've been thinking about you lately and kicked myself for not calling you. I'll call or email later on today.

love ya!

Jason and Whitney Powell said...

He's growing up so fast. I can hardly remember him being so small. I love the picture of his as a cat though. I miss you guys!

The Giles said...

Well Happy Birthday to big Drew. Time sure flies. I still remember him as a baby when you came to NY.

Andrea said...

LOVE the Transformer's cake. What a little stud that Drew is. I hope he had a fun birthday.

Megan and Shawn said...

Happy Birthday Drewsky! We were playing our Wii the other day for the first time in forever and Sam saw our "drew" character and said, "mom, do you think we can play with Drew today?" We miss him!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Drew! Looks like he had a great Birthday!