Monday, July 26, 2010

24th of July weekend

We had such a fun weekend. Doug was able to come up and see us! The boys just loved having him here...and so did I!

Saturday, the boys were in a parade for the 24th of July. Drew was able to decorate his bike and ride it. We also decorated the wagon and put Preston and Isabelle in it.


That was the hottest day ever! I can say that I will not be doing this next year. The lady over the parade asked me if I would help keep the back of the line of kids going. The children were the very front of the parade and then the color guard. So it was my job to make sure the kids and parents stayed in front of the horses...not an easy task. I finally had to tell people to keep off to the sides so that the horses could pass them up. People would stop to talk to other people on the sidelines and so they got really far behind. Which made me really far behind. Luckily for me my mom walked the parade with us. She ended up taking the wagon to keep up with Drew so that I could tend to the people lagging behind.

After the parade there was a carnival. The boys were able to get their hair spray painted and Drew also got his face painted. He said he was the "Hulk" because of his green face!


Sunday we headed to Pleasant Grove and played at the children's discovery park. It's a great park all made of wood. The boys loved it! We will definitely be back!



2 comments:

{Erica} said...

So glad you got to see doug! We love discovery park. Did you know that's the park where kim and nate would make out all the time :) lol...we always think of them when we're at that park.

Andrea said...

Cute pics Court. Glad to hear you guys are enjoying your summer. How is nursing school?? It can be a bit demanding at first, but I am sure you are doing great.

PS: So we hung out with your bro and sis in law this past week. A little 24th of July party. They are fun.