Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Our E.R visit

Last night we spent three hours in the E.R. Drew fell last night while on a walk and bumped his head and scraped his hip. Thirty minutes after that...he lost his vision. He couldn't see anything. We tried handing him things and he wasn't even close to grabbing them. We tried to get him to look at us and he couldn't, he just looked right passed us. So my dad threw him in the car and we headed to the E.R.

My poor little guy was so freaked out that he couldn't tell if he had to throw up or pee. He didn't even know he'd hit his head, and he has a big bump on the side of it. It was so scary. After we'd been there for about an hour, maybe a little more, his vision slowly returned. They did a CT on his head and said that all was ok and that he has a minor concussion.

Today, Preston is at daycare while Drew and I relax. The doctor said for him to lay low for the next couple of days and he can return to school on Friday. Right now @ 10:00 am, he is still in bed. I sure hope he feels better today.

3 comments:

{Erica} said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! Reading that broke my heart. I can not imagine how you were feeling. SO VERY GLAD he's better. Love him up.

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

SCARY!!! Your poor boy!

Jennilyn said...

Wow, I hate it when kids get hurt! I am glad everything is OK. Take care