Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Bed Time Prayer

I love to read other people's blogs, and I happened across one of the girls in our ward. She was talking about teaching her little girl how to pray. (I think her daughter is slightly younger than Drew, although I'm not quite sure). I thought that it would be a great idea to start doing that with Drew. He's at the age where he might understand. So I took him up to bed last night and sat him on the edge of it. I knelt down at his feet and told him to fold his arms. As he sat there so cute with his arms nicely folded, I started to pray. In the middle of my prayer I felt Drew bend over and kiss my head! But he still had his arms folded. When I said Amen, I heard this cute little, "Amen!" Drew got so excited and then laid his head down to go to sleep! It made me so happy that our first attempt to say a prayer at his bedside went so well! That will definately be a nightly routine!

2 comments:

{Erica} said...

He's sooo cute! Glad to hear that you first time for bedtime prayer went smooth, definetly a memory fo ya!

Debbi said...

that kiss sounds so cute I have tears in my eyes. Kids do such cute things! Drew is so much fun!!!!