Tuesday, March 11, 2008

one pound

Monday was our day to see the Endocrinologist. She had scheduled blood work to be done while we were there to check Drew's hormone levels and make sure that they were on track. So when we got there the nurse took Drew's height and weight and all his vital signs. Come to find out, since we've seen the dietitian...two weeks ago, Drew has gained 1lb!!! I know, most of you are thinking, "Wow, one measly pound," but for us that is a huge deal.This dumbbell is one pound...that is how much Drew has gained!! So, Dr. Seiler, the endocrinologist, said that since the stuff the dietitian gave us to do is working for now, she wouldn't draw any blood. And told us to come and see her again in 5 months! Doug and I have been so excited! And Drew is improving so much in his eating. For lunch yesterday he downed three giant pizza bites, and all of an apple! What an accomplishment! So thank you to the dietitian for helping my son gain weight!!!

7 comments:

Debbi said...

YEAH! for Drew! What good news. I am so glad all the work is paying off for you guys! that is great!

Anonymous said...

YAHOO! Good job Drew! I am so happy for you guys. That is great news!

{Erica} said...

AWESOME!! I know I already told you that, but it's soo cool! One pound for any kid in that amount of time is a lot...and so glad that he didn't have to have his blood drawn. Kudos to you and doug for sticking to the prescribed diet for him!

Andrea said...

Yay for Drew---and Yay for mom and dad too! that is great news, Drew looks like such a healthy boy too courtney, so i would try not to be too stressed about him. He is a happy and active 2 yr old...what more can you say??

Anonymous said...

ya know for little kids any kind of weight gain is a hugh deal. way to go drew!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I guess I have no idea what is going on and Drew looks completely normal to me, but if this is great news than I am SO happy for you guys. Good job Drew for doing better eating and definitely good job mom and dad for sticking to the diet. By the way Courtney - you look fabulous!!

The Halls said...

I know what a big deal that is for sure we all know what my little peaunt looks like. when he was sick and lost a lb. we all freaked out cuz its a lot when you don't got a lot!