Thursday, February 12, 2009

bad news/good news

I have two parts to this post today. The first part is a little bit of venting, the second is some great news! So here we go.

I just don't understand people. What makes a person think that they can bring around their sick kids and not think anyone will care? And not just that, it's that they let their sick kids play and suck on things the healthy ones are playing with. As a result to this, my baby is sick. He can't breathe out of his little nose and he has the saddest cough I've ever heard. And not only is my child sick, but so is my really good friend's little girl, but her child's body reacted differently to the virus than mine did. I just don't get it. If you're going to bring your sick kids around, it would be nice to know they are sick before hand. Or, you don't go anywhere. (ugh!)


Alright, now that that is off my chest, here is the exciting news! Doug was offered the job in Overton, NV! He's been in Las Vegas for the week and spent a day up in Mesquite with the employer having an interview. Not only does he want him in the office, he wants Doug to RUN it! He is giving the clinic to him to oversee! So when Doug gets home tomorrow, we will go over everything, pray about it, and if it's right, we'll be heading down there the first of March to sign the contract and look for a house! I'm so excited!

11 comments:

{Erica} said...

YAY such AWESOME NEWS! How exciting that he thinks Doug is rad enough to run the whole thing (we knew he was :D). Can't wait to hear about all the details!

Yuck that Preston is sick too. I second the whole vent you wrote :)

Jennilyn said...

How exciting! Mesquite is such a nice place and would be such a nice change from Iowa too!!! We hope everything works out great. Seems like everyone is uprooting from Iowa sooner than we think. Good luck.

Crystal S. said...

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! (Princess Diaries -ha, ha). I am so excited for you guys, that is so awesome! I am soooooo excited you have back closer to home you have no clue. My little "sister" close enough to spend half a day in the car to go see (ha, ha)?!? Yay! You certainly made my day!

Hey I heard that Preston's special day was awesome as well, and I am so sad that he is sick! I never got that part about the parents with sick kids either, and I still don't get it!

Give those kids a big kiss for me! I love you guys!
Crystal

Megan and Shawn said...

Wow! COngrats on the job offer - I'm oh, so jealous of you guys. To be done, will that ever happen?? Sorry about Preston's sickness, I know the feeling right now with Jack, sounds like they have the same thing. Yuck!! Don't worry, I'll keep my sick baby away!

Kristin said...

Oh yay you will be so close!! And into warmer weather! Congrats!

Andrea said...

Congrats again about the new job!! That is so exciting. I can't believe everyone will be moving so soon. Sorry to hear about the sick kiddos--that is definitely no fun!!

Amy said...

Great news! That will definately put you closer to family!

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

That's great! You guys deserve it!

Sarah Hastings said...

Sorry about Preston being sick, that is a major pet peeve of mine. Congrats on the job, that is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Amen sister about sick kids! I get SO irritated, especially at church. Okay peeps you aren't going to hell if you stay home one week because your kid is sick. UGH! Congrats on the job offer! You guys rock and maybe we'll end up close to you in NV.

Quinton & Mori Jensen said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited Court! If you come down to look at houses, please please let me know! I will come drive down and see you!!! :)) Would that be ok? Let me know!