Monday, April 20, 2009

no more please

This has been one weekend I don't want for a long time...better yet, EVER again. Drew was sick wednesday, and Preston has had something since Saturday. (Just the runs and abnormal spitting up)! Not to mention I ran Drew over today with a cart at Wal-mart. You might be thinking, "that's not too bad," but believe me...it was.

Drew likes to stand on the front of the cart. Well, I thought he was on and started to go...BIG mistake. He hit the floor and smacked his head. The screaming started. Everyone around was in shock. They gave me horrible looks liked I'd done it on purpose. I scooped him up and carried him out to the car. Once we got there he tells me, "Mom, I'm OK. I still hurt, but I'm OK." My heart sank. I couldn't believe I had just done that. Sorry baby.

Doug got to have the day off today since his patients cancelled. It was a nice surprise to come home from Wal-mart and see his car in his spot. I just had to smile.

Since Doug was home, we decided to head to Valley West Mall to find Drew a new suit. He received some money for Easter for a new suit so we thought we'd go look. We found the cutest suit...will post pictures when he wears it. But after that, Drew threw the BIGGEST fit. He was screaming and crying because he wanted to eat at the food court and we told him no.

Seriously, what more can I do other than lock myself in my room? Can I please just stay there for a while and not come out? I need a break. I guess I'll get one next month.

5 comments:

Debbi said...

Oh if you only knew how many days I felt feeling this same way! I don't know how many times the grocery cart thing has happened to us, I hate it! I can't believe how big Preston is and how he looks so much like Drew, your boys are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Friend I am sorry! Like we said today good thing they don't remember all of it! I drove all over Iowa with Cameron and when I got home I realized he wasn't even buckled in his car seat. Probably won't be the last time either.

I hope Preston is doing better! I wonder what it is from??

Amy said...

I think you are still a great mom! Don't sweat the small stuff.

Anonymous said...

I have been feeling like this lately too! My kids are driving me nuts and after they go to bed I feel a little guilty about how irritated I was with them. The joys of parenting ~ I really do love being a mom... most days =)

Carly said...

Sorry to hear about the rough day. But I will have to say it is comforting to know that I am not the only one who ends up getting dirty looks from strangers when my kid decides to act crazy in a store. It's probably just because I am a derelict mother. Who knows! Couldn't imagine life not being a mom anymore.:)