Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It gives me great pleasure...

to introduce you to Dr. Doug Giles! Doug graduated on Saturday and received his Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy! I am so proud of him. He has worked so hard to accomplish such a huge achievement. I love you Doug! I can't wait to see what lies ahead for you and our family! Next thing....boards! Just pray that he'll pass!

A HUGE thank you to all who came to share in this awesome day! We love you all!


Yesterday was not only Memorial day, but it's the day that I put my 3 1/2 year old on an airplane headed for Utah for the next 3 weeks. He was with his grandpa of course, but still. It's only been a day and I miss him.

I'm back to having one child, and it's a child that doesn't talk, (which is nice sometimes). What am I going to do without my little boy? My boy who is constantly talking to me, making me laugh. My boy who asks for a treat non-stop. My boy who loves to watch the Backyardigans and play with his cars. What will I do without him? My answer for you is pack and school. I guess I will have to endure his absence with packing up my house and studying my school work. But I doubt it will fill that void. All I can say is, good thing there is the web cam. Without that I wouldn't survive! I just have to see him. So I guess I'll be calling on it here soon.

8 comments:

Halen said...

You are such a good mom Court. : )
And congrats to Doug for graduating

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Doug!

I bet you miss Drew! He is so funny. I love the picture of him in the graduation cap!

Jason and Whitney Powell said...

I think you should just fly out here yourself and spend sometime with us out here in Mytah.

A Different Drum said...

Congrats on graduation! Hooray!

Amy said...

Congratulations Doug! I am sure Drew will be even happier to see you!

susan said...

Doug...Congratulations!!!! How Awesome!!!! You deserve all the best!!!!
Courtney, we got to see Drew at the Memorial Day BBQ up at Grandma's. He is so much fun!!! I know you are going to miss him! I wondered myself how you would get along without him when I heard how long you would be separated. I am sure he is having so much fun with Grandpa...so that helps a little.
All our best to you guys!!! We love you!!!

{Erica} said...

CONGRATS DOUG AND FAMILY!!!!!! we love you guys and wish we were there for this momentous occaision...I think you should treat yourselves to a trip here in Southern CALI..I know an awesome place for you stay!

The Chappell's said...

Congratulations Dr. Giles!!!

Hey, my foot hurts when I do this...

Ya know what Grandpa Quinn's answer would be - and I think it would be a great answer for your patients

..."Well, then don't do that!"

What an accomplishment - very proud of you and your cute family. We were so glad to see Drew - he is so handsome and the boys had a blast with him.

Although I know you miss him, other than in your arms, I don't believe that there could be a better place than Grandpa Quinn's arms - he loves that boy and is oh, so proud of him. I must say though - I know that you have a lot to do, but I am with Whit, you should come out to MYtah too and hangout with us for a while.

Love you so much and Congratulations on your terrific accomplishments.

Joe, Jen, Quinn and Connor