Thursday, May 28, 2009

All done mom

Here is a little video for the family that's away from us. Preston has been eating lots of things, in this video he's eating squash. And he has figured out the perfect way to tell me when he's done eating! Enjoy!



On another note, here are some pictures of what we did on Memorial day. We headed out to Winterset, IA to enjoy the bridges there. You know the movie, The Bridges of Madison County? Well, that's where the bridges are at. It was pretty neat to see.

There is this cute park there as well. We took a picnic lunch and enjoyed each other's company. Doug and Dennie played Frisbee (their Frisbee is a lid to a bowl)! And Becky and I sat on a blanket with Preston watching the guys play.


After that we headed over to see this beautiful stone bridge. It reminds me of something you'd see in the movies.



About a mile up the road there is this tower where you can observe all the beautiful scenery around you. It was amazing! (Doug just informed me that the name of the tower is Clark Tower).





Winterset is also the place where John Wayne was born. His house has been turned into a museum. But since it was Memorial Day, it was closed. I thought I'd take a picture of it for my grandfather. He is a big John Wayne fan!

And last, but not least, the Winterset Cemetery. It was incredible. The line up casket size flags along the road and underneath the flags is a name of someone who served in one of the wars with the dates they served. There were somewhere around 527 flags! All with names under them. Someone we talked to said that they do a huge memorial service in the morning. They say that it is quite a site to see. Would have been neat to have been there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Preston is a stud! I loved his new glasses.

I love Winterset. That park is my favorite...so pretty!

Today was fun! We will have to go again soon. Maybe Monday? That is if I can leave my house if you know what I mean. I will let you know how it goes!