Wednesday, January 16, 2008

excitement

Something great happened last night...I mean really fantastic, and I missed it because I was in class. Dum, da da dum, Drew peed on the toilet! Doug sat him on the toilet last night for try numero uno, and of course, nothing happened. So Doug decided Drew needed a little demonstration and showed him how it was done. So after a nice warm bath and playing with his foam letters, he got to sit on the potty for try number two. Doug said that this is what he heard next, "Daddy, I go poop! I go poop daddy!" Doug said that he looked in the toilet and saw no poop, but pee! So Doug did a happy dance and told Drew what a great job he did, and Drew gave himself a nice big hand! While in class my phone rang, so when I had a break I listened to the message left and it was Drew. "I go potty on the toiwet mommy!" I was so happy, and sad, all at the same time. Sad that I missed his great achievement, but happy that we are possibly getting to that big milestone I've been dying to get to...no diapers!

7 comments:

Debbi said...

How exciting! I think it fits that Doug had to help him, Gage only wanted Wade during that time and that's ok, since it's not like I can really teach how to stand up and aim and stuff like that! hahah! WAy to go Drew!!! What a big boy!

{Erica} said...

1.YAy for Drew! way to go buddy!!
2. sad you missed it, it's so hard not being there for things like that.
3. REALLY REALLY would love to see some video of Doug's happy dance!!!
4.Love ya!

{Erica} said...

oh and...
5.thanks for being my goose ya loon...hahahah (do you get the goose reference?)

Sarah said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! Give Drew a great big high five for us, (Anna loves high fives!)

Anonymous said...

YAY DREW! That is awesome! See ya tonight.

Anonymous said...

That's my boy. What a stud!
Well now if we can just get Doug to go in the pottie. Great Blog!
Thanks for coming to Utah for Christmas. I love and miss you.

Unknown said...

Hmmm! I wonder who popgear44 could be.

Congratulations! Great things are in the future for you.

Love, Jen