Saturday, January 5, 2008

What a week!

What a week! It's been so crazy that I haven't had the chance to blog. Doug and I made it home safely from Utah. We left Tuesday morning at about 10:30 am and got to Iowa Wednesday morning at about 5 am. Of course we did make a stop up in Park City at the outlets! Drew didn't drive back with us...there wasn't any way he would fit in the car after we packed it up...so he got to fly home with his Grandpa Quinn (thanks again dad for doing that)!
We had such a great time in Utah and Idaho with family. Christmas was great and Drew now has WAY too many toys! I think we'll be going through them all and boxing up some! Drew did get to go sledding for the first time in Utah and absolutely loved it! In fact, every time he would sled down the hill he kept saying, "Again, again!" He wasn't very happy when we told him just one more time and then it's back to a warm house!


Up in Idaho, Drew got to help his Grandma Giles make gingerbread cookies, but he had more fun eating the dough then the cookies I think! And he also learned to kick the snow off of the really talll bushes at my parents church!

But the most fun thing now, he is talking in full sentences! And he jabbers all of the time! He sings the ABC's thanks to Leap Frogs magnetic abc set! And his favorite song that he's been singing is Santa Clause is Coming to Town! You'd have to hear it! I'll try and get video of it sometime! Well I hope you all enjoy your weekend, I know we will!

5 comments:

Debbi said...

How fun! I love it and I can't wait to see you guys again and hear little Drew's sentences! I also want to hear about if you read any of those books while you were gone!

Anonymous said...

So glad you guys are back. Hopefully we can get together again soon and hang out. I can't wait to hear Drew sing his ABC's!

Anonymous said...

P.S. haha that last anonymous comment was from me too...just so you know.

Sara Stinger

Anonymous said...

Hello! I haven't seen you for so long! I am super excited to get together and color hair. Glad you guys had a good time in Utah. I loved all of your posts. Quinn really liked Doug in his PJ'S :) Can't wait to see ya!

The Chappell's said...

I have to say that I have a great brother and you have a terrific Dad. What a great guy. The picture of him and Drew is awesome. I'm sure that Todd probably had more fun than Drew out on that hill.

It must be a heckuva lot warmer there than it is here. We are freezing - freezing I tell you. Last week when we got up to got back to school it was 10 below here. Um-yes-here in Coalville which is not very far from those "precious" outlet stores in Park City. Did you at least wave as you drove by? That's okay. I understand. You had to get "home". I still love you anyway.

It was so great to see you and your cute family. Drew is soooo cute and is growing up so fast. And you, what can I say, you're still one of the most beautiful girls I know - Complete bias intended.

Love you, Jen