Sunday, February 10, 2008

Date Night

Friday night is usually just another night here at the Giles' house, but this last Friday was quite different. Doug took me out on a date!! He and I haven't been on a date in about 6 months, and thanks to Brandon and Kjyah Wilde, we were able to go. Brandon and Kjyah are the parents of Drew's friend Owen, and they watched Drew for us so we could go out, so again, thanks you guys!

Doug and I went and saw Fool's Gold. It was a little slow at times, but pretty funny. It's one that I don't really have to see again, but would go if someone else wanted to. But I love Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey, they are such a great pair!

After the movie we went to dinner at Champp's. I absolutely loved it! I had this wonderful potato soup and french dip sandwich. They were both soooo good! In fact, I'd go back just for the soup! Doug of course had pizza...go figure! Well, that was pretty much our weekend, how was yours?

6 comments:

Debbi said...

How fun! We watched for date night and tried to stay warm inside! BRRRR!

mary said...

That is so fun to get out and have a date! I've never been to Champp's. Where is it?

Andrea said...

sounds like a FUN night!! dates with the hubby are always great~

Anonymous said...

Fun! I am wanting to go and try Champp's now! That soup sounds so good!

{Erica} said...

fun!! thanks for the movie review...i think we'll wait til that one is out on dvd now :) I'm so glad you guys got to go out...if you guys ever want to go out let me know, drew can come here any time :)

Crystal said...

It was fun seeing you at the party yesterday! I have to agree, I absolutely LOVE the potato soup from Champs and I love french dips too. That is probably what I would get if we went there right now for dinner. It sounds delicious!