Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ugh!

Cars suck. I have this love/hate relationship with mine. I love the fact that I can drive anywhere I want to. I hate the fact that when I get to my destination, my car dies. This is what happened to me yesterday. I drove from Drew's dentist appointment (the Valley West Mall area) to the Cassey's General Store on University by our house to fill my tires up with air. While filling the third tire, my car dies. Oh joy! So I call Doug, who is on his way to class, to figure out what to do. He tells me to check the oil....it's fine, but I added another quart anyway. I try starting the car and it screams at me and then dies. By this point I am so sick to my stomach that all I can do is call Erica to come get me and Drew. When I got home, I called someone to come and tow my car to Tuffy. To make a long story short, 8 hours and two grand later I had my car back. (FYI: Tuffy nickle and dimes you for labor). So like I said before, cars suck. I can't wait for our tax refund!

7 comments:

Debbi said...

oh I'm soo sorry that sounds like it sucks, I wish wade still had his truck so he could have at least towed it for you!

allison said...

oh that sucks, two grand! We have had something happen to our car almost every month too. What is the deal. I am soooooo sorry.

{Erica} said...

Car trouble = sucketh :) I'm glad I was able to help and that the car is now fixed...I'm not glad about the 2 grand you had to drop to get it fixed...yikes!

Megan and Shawn said...

Thats such a bummer!! I hate cars too - seriously if it was at all practical with kids, I'd bike. It also sucks that you don't know what the mechanics are doing, and if they are doing things that are necessary, so you just fork over the dough, and hope that they are honest . .

Anonymous said...

That sucks! I hate cars too! I am sorry you had to fork out that much mon! Dang Gina!
It always feels like we almost get ahead and then something craps out on our car. Not fun!

mary said...

Ew I hear you. I HATE spending money on fixing cars. It is the lamest thing ever. January was the month we spent tons on our cars. ROTTEN.

Anonymous said...

Courtney, I am so sorry! That sounds like a horrible day. Good thing its over! I'm just waiting for one of our cars to plummet out on us!