Monday, January 19, 2009

Yummy goodness!

Lately I've been doing something I haven't done for a few years...making bread! I absolutely love homemade bread and the wonderful aroma it brings into the house! We received a bread maker for our wedding and I used it a ton the first couple of years. But since we moved out here, I haven't used it at all. So, thanks to this wonderful company, my mother-in-law, and the best bread mix ever, I am able to make bread again!


The only thing I do different, is I use my bread maker to make the dough, and then I bake it in a pan in the oven, (just because I like the shape). Of course today I didn't think I'd be able to make bread at all. I put all the ingredients into the bread machine, and pushed start...and pushed it again....and again. No luck. Finally, I started to beat my machine and it magically started! Looks like I need a new bread maker!

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

I love fresh, homemade bread, too!! Unfortunately, I do not have a bread maker and I've been trying to master the art (just like my mom does it) for years now. My success comes and goes, but for some reason the rare success makes all the others worth it :)

Amy said...

It was my goal to make homemade bread last year. I did it on the 29th of December, but hey I got it done in 2008. Now this year I wan to perfect it. Nothing like the smell of bread in the oven!

suds2004 said...

Yummy. I am amazed at people who make bread, I'm not very good at it. Hope your doing well!