Saturday, December 5, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

We put our tree up...finally!! I usually put my tree up the day after Thanksgiving. But that didn't get done because, 1. we were out of town, and 2. Doug wouldn't let me. Doug has this new rule, I guess you could call it that, that we must wait until after Preston's birthday in order to put up our Christmas stuff. He doesn't want Preston to feel overshadowed by Christmas. I personally don't think it's a big deal. It's the day after Thanksgiving...what would that possibly do to him?
Anyway, here is a picture of the tree with the lights on. I had to take it without the flash so I could get a nice glow from the lights, so sorry it's a bit blurry.

Drew helped me decorate the tree. Notice how it's all decorated except for the last 2 feet! Yeah, I have a one year old who likes to pick at the tree! Preston has no idea what it is and is so enthralled by it! I love watching him hold the branches and stare up at it!

This is a picture of it with the lights on, but with the flash, you don't get the same effect!

We had a visitor also come and grace us with his presence yesterday. Buddy, our Elf, came yesterday. He didn't come on the first of December because we didn't have our tree up...at least that's what he told Drew in his little note!


Buddy is our communication to Santa. He sits and watches us all day long and then reports back to Santa while we sleep to let him know if we were good or bad that day. Then he comes back the next morning and finds a new spot for the day. Drew loves to talk to Buddy and tell him all the things he wants for Christmas. Sure hope Santa can fulfill this boys wishes!!

On a side note, this is what my boys enjoy doing. For some reason they both love to play in the laundry baskets. In fact, I found Preston in it all by himself, singing to himself. (I love it when he sings to himself)! He can even do Pat ta Cake all by himself, it's the cutest thing ever. But my favorite thing is that both boys must enjoy everything together! Preston thinks Drew is the absolute best!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your tree! I can't wait to get our elf. Pretty sure Cam needs to get a little bigger though.

I seriously can't believe how big the boys are getting! Drew has changed so much and Preston is not the same! They grow up so fast!

The Giles said...

Doug surely got that idea of waiting to put the tree up because Matt's birthday is Dec 4th, and they never put up Christmas til after his. I will tell you Matt appreciated it. And now that William has a Dec 9th birthday, Matt is very sensitive to him and making sure it's special.