Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas time

I can't believe Christmas is upon us already. I feel like we just graduated from Physical Therapy School, (and yes I mean we!), and moved from Iowa to Nevada. I guess time flies when you are busy working and trying to buy a house.



I'm so excited for Christmas this year! The boys are at an age where they both like to open presents and they enjoy what they get...even if it's just the box! I'm excited to see their faces Christmas morning when they see their presents under the tree, and the ones we are setting up in the living room! I know Drew will be so excited that he won't know where to start, and I'm sure Preston will stand and stare at it all, taking it all in.

I'm bummed that I have to work Christmas Eve, one of the holidays that I was assigned to work. I so want to be there to put the presents under the tree and to fill the stockings. Doug said he'd wait to do it for when I come home. I won't be there to make cookies with Drew so that Santa doesn't go without his sweets. I won't be there to watch them open their pajamas from Grandma Stacey and Grandpa Todd.

I just hope the kids are still asleep when I come home Christmas morning, that way Doug and I can put things up together. And you can bet I'll be there with the camera taking in these precious moments!

3 comments:

Jason and Whitney Powell said...

Film it!!! I want to see drews face!

Debbi said...

Merry Christmas - I had to comment and tell you THANKS for working. I know it wouldnt' be fun...Wade has to work too, but what I appreciate is that you are there, my mom is in the hospital and it really makes me appreciate those who are working a whole lot more right now.

Have a happy fun day tomorrow! Merry Christmas!!!!

Brant & Lindsay said...

Hope all went well at work! I totally feel for you on working holidays! I lucked out this year with maternity leave! Your kids are adoreable! Congrats on your new home!! It looks beautiful! We still need to do lunch you, me and Halen!! Love you! Merry christmas!!