Friday, December 18, 2009

Longest day ever

I'm still trying to recover from our hectic day yesterday. And when I say hectic, I mean a day I never want to have again.

It started off by me and the kids going to the health department clinic here in town to for immunizations. Our Pediatrician's office can't do immunizations, or so I was told, and so we had to go to the clinic for those. We were the second people in line, which was nice, but we were still there about an hour and fifteen minutes before they finally saw us.

Drew was first. He received three shots and the flu mist. He did really well on the mist, but once the shots came, that was the end. He hasn't cried like that in such a long time. But the nurse was nice and gave him a couple suckers and a Capri Sun. After that, she let him watch me get my shot. I can't have the mist because of my asthma, so I got to have the shot.

Preston's turn was next, and thanks to the lady at the front desk for taking Drew so I could handle Preston because P got 8 shots. That's right...8. They told me that because of his age, they can't combine any of the immunizations, so they had to do them all separate. He got poked twice in each limb. I had to bear hug him for the arm shots and put one leg at a time between mine so he couldn't move them. Preston started to cry in his third shot. And then he just screamed. The nurse kept commenting on how good I was doing, but it was hard not to stay focused since Preston had so many shots coming his way.

After that, we headed to Walmart for some basic needs...bread, toilet paper, etc. We get to the check out line and Doug calls, "Court, I'm on my way to Overton, and have a flat tire. I need you." Seriously!! For those of you who don't know, Overton is about 30 minutes from Mesquite. Luckily he didn't get that far. And by the time we got there, he had the spare on. So we traded cars and loaded all our stuff into his and headed for home to put groceries away.

Once the cold groceries were put in the fridge, we headed to Big O to fix the flat. We got there at about 10:30, and found out they couldn't fix the flat. So, we had to buy a new tire. As I'm trying to keep the kids in the little sitting area, they guy keeps coming back in to tell me things. Needless to say, two hours, two tires, one Alignment, and $300+ later, we finally left.

By that time, the kids were starving and tired, so it was a quick trip to McDonald's and home to bed. I seriously never want to experience yesterday again. The only good that came of it was finding out that the Sellers finally signed all their paperwork, and the inspector will be at the house at 9:00 this morning! Finally!!

1 comment:

Jason and Whitney Powell said...

Wow that does sound like an event full day. Poor boys with all their shots. Poor you for having to watch them hurt but most of all poor doug for getting a flat tire and then going to work. POOR POOR DOUG! :)