Monday, May 14, 2007

O Divine Redeemer

I absolutely love music! I love to play the piano and I love to sing, so naturally I decided to sing in the ward choir. Next week in sacrament meeting the choir will be singing O Divine Redeemer. This song is such a beautiful song and if anyone hasn't heard it, you really need to! I was so excited to find out that this is what we are singing because I sang this song in high school. As we were practicing this song all I kept thinking was, "What is my problem? This song was so easy at school!" O Diving Redeemer's soprano part, if you aren't aware of, has some high notes....really high notes. And I realized that since I haven't sung notes in that range since high school my voice has dropped. So, I decided that instead of giving up and moving to the alto part, I would take the song home and practice with all my might to hit those extremely high notes with grace. And so my friend Erica, who has the world's most beautiful voice, doesn't think I am such a loser, since she is also singing the soprano part!

Stay tuned for Sunday's update on such a wonderfully amazing song, O Diving Redeemer!
http://www.rhapsody.com/-search?searchtype=RhapKeyword&query=O+Divine+Redeemer

1 comment:

{Erica} said...

I love this song too...but sorry to say you must be tone deaf if you think I have the world's most beautiful voice! :) I enjoy singing next to you...it's always nice to have someone who knows how to sing stand next to you! :)