Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Type 1 Diabetes

In August, I will be headed to Utah to take part in a special walk. It is the JDRF's Walk to Cure Diabetes. My 2 year old cousin Brenner was recently diagnosed with type one diabetes and I am walking for him and his team Brenner's Buddies! But I need your help. I am trying to raise $100 for this cause and with your donation you will be able to help sponsor me in this walk. Please, if you would donate as much as you can whether it be $10 or more, it will help these kids become even closer to the cure that they need. If you would like to donate, just go to my website

http://walk.jdrf.org/walker.cfm?id=86674810">http://walk.jdrf.org/walker.cfm?id=86674810.

Thank you everybody!

3 comments:

Debbi said...

My sister got type one when she was 13, and Wade's sister got it when she was 21, so we know all about this - and it's so much harder when you get it soo young like that! I hope they will find a cure someday - Wade had heard of a group making really good process with it over in Europe, but who knows over here with all our crazy laws!!! Good luck with the walk though - I wish I could do it with you!

{Erica} said...

You're amazing! I can't walk with you but we'll sure donate what we can. I know way too many people who's lives have been touched by this disease. Be sure and post pics of the walk!

Crystal S. said...

I just want to say thanks! We are going to find a cure, and soon! I hope you know that we really appreciate your support with this. This walk is going to be so fun especially with you (and your family) here! This really means a lot to me and my family. I know Brenner is still to young to understand what this walk is for, but I know when he gets older he will appreciate you, your time you took to come out here to "go on a walk with us." Thanks again! We Love You!
LET'S BEAT DIABETES!