Sunday, April 27, 2008

how do you feel?

Alright, everyone has been asking how I've been feeling and I figured this would be the best way to let all of you know.

I have been so tired and nauseous. I've never been so nauseated in my entire life...at least that I can remember. I wasn't sick one day with Drew, not one day. But I've been in a state of constant nausea, to the point where I know I'd feel better if I could throw up, but my body won't let me. And it's not just in the morning either. In fact, as the day goes on, it gets worse. I asked Doug the other day if I was like this at all with Drew (just on that off chance he remembered better) and he said no. So there you have it, I feel like crap! If any of you know a great way to keep the nausea under control I'd love to hear about it. PLEASE!!

Oh, I'm sorry for the lack of pictures. I've taken quite a few but have been too tired to post lately, but I'll get them on here. We had an eventful weekend. My mom and my sister have been in town, and Drew cut the back of his head open (I'll post about that later). So, I'll get you all some pictures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Court & Doug! I am so excited for little Drew, and of course you two! It's about dang time. I am sorry (but not really-ha, ha) to say that I was not sick once with our boys. All in all this is one great sign that you are sick. One thing that we have always told our patients is to have some crackers sitting right next to their bed so that as soon as they wake up they have something in their stomache. You may not feel like you need to eat but just having this in your tummy will help. Another great nausea eliminator is Zofran! It now comes in a easy dissolve pill, and from what I hear it works GRRRReat! Love ya tons!

Suz said...

ZOFRAN...it's heaven sent! It can be pretty expensive depending on your insurance, but they now have a generic which works just as great!

And try to eat protein first thing and before bed. I'd nuke an egg first thing in the morning just to get something hearty in my tummy, crackers just weren't enough. At night, I'd make some toast and spread peanut butter on it. I am so sorry! I totally know the feeling. And if it makes you feel any better, I'd puke my brains out, and still feel like crap all day, everyday, so be glad you aren't hanging your head over the toilet, it really didn't help. I used to say "morning sickness, my butt" because same thing, it got worse as the day went on.

Oh, I also took Phenegren, but it'd knock me out and never worked as well as the Zofran...Zofran is a miracle worker. They created it for chemo patients to help with nausea, but I had it with Addison and all of my neighbors have used it since because it's the only thing that actually works.

Debbi said...

I sucked on pepermints all day at work and it helped me. My grandfather was a pharmacist and would tell pregnant girls to try peppermint water, so this was as close as I could get while at work, but who knows, it's only what worked for me. I am so sorry you have been sick... I think you have been good at hiding it!

The Chappell's said...

I have found that I felt better if I was living in Utah while I was pregnant. You should try that. Perhaps thats why you weren't sick with Drew - huh - what do you think?

I think it's a cure all - it would sure make me feel better!

Love You,
Jen (Your real favorite aunt! But we'll let Crystal think that she is - she could use the boost.)

Kari said...

Hey congrats that you are pregnant, I had no idea! That's lame that you are sick... I wasn't sick with #1 or #2 at all- it scares me that the next one could do me in! I hope it all goes away soon for you!