Tuesday, April 1, 2008

SUCKERS....

Drew LOVES suckers! I don't know what I'd do if suckers were never invented...of course he'd find some other sort of candy that he'd love. I can't go anywhere without at least two suckers. I know it's a habit that I started. I first brought them with me to the grocery store to keep him quiet. Now he wants them in the car, watching a movie, dad's basketball games. Seriously, my child is an addict! Thank heavens for Costco and their bulk Airhead Sucker bucket. Not only do they taste good, just like an airhead, but they even have the plastic sticks. If Drew eats a sucker with a paper stick, I get half the stick back because he's sucked on the stick so long that it's vaporized. But now I have to worry about him biting it. He will suck on them for 2 minutes and then chew it...oh my, his teeth!!

Alright, enough about suckers. I was so sad to see it raining yesterday. Or should I say be woken up to the roars of thunder at 6:00 yesterday morning. The weekend was so great. Drew was able to ride his bike and run on all the grass. I even let him play on the playground by our house. He couldn't get enough of the slide. But then it rained, and Drew was so upset that he couldn't go and play outside. Oh nice weather, please come back!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for suckers! That is funny he loves them so much. :) My fav is when he comes over to my house and whispers to me "I want a sucker....can I have a sucker!" LOL Drew you are so dang cute! I am excited to see you on Sunday!

Family Scads said...

I just discovered Costco suckers also. They were sampling them when we were there and they sure helped Gwen stay some-what quite.

I agree about the weather. Please be warm soon!!!

{Erica} said...

the girls used to be addicted to dumb dumbs....but i realized that was all they were eating so i nixed it. I just have to put up with a fussy kid i guess..but for my kids they eat better now (not that they eat well...)

I love the pictures of Drew outside. I bet he was in HEAVEN! I can't wait for it to warm up...maybe we can all go for bike rides?

Andrea said...

hmmm....suckers that tastes like an airhead, i might have to try those!! YUM! super cute pics of drew playing outside. its supposed to be in the 60s this coming Saturday--yeah!!!

mary said...

I know, suckers are like magic wands for children... they turn quiet!! Wow!