Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I know it's Wednesday...

but I'm going to post about our weekend up until now. My mom and my sister came in town on Friday. It was so good to see them and Drew couldn't get enough of them! In fact, Drew keeps asking for Whitney (more like whinny).


Saturday was fun. I didn't get to hang out with them until about 1:30pm since I was in school, but my mom, sister, Drew and Doug went to lunch at Applebee's...I know, they went without me! That night while we were hanging around home, Drew was playing with Aunt Whitney at the table. He's been playing cars, which one person sits at one end of the table while Drew sits at the other end and you drive cars to each other. Drew was getting a bit excited and slipped off the chair hitting his forehead on the table, which threw his head back and hit on another chair cutting the back of his head open. Screaming followed. As I went to see him there was blood dripping off the back of his head. I thought for sure we'd need stitches. But Doug held a cloth on his bleeding wound for a couple of minutes and the bleeding stopped...no stitches required! Since Drew's hair is so thick you can't really see the cut, so I circled the spot where it happened.


Sunday and Monday went by without much happening other than the fact that my mom and my sister left Monday afternoon. Drew wanted to go with them so bad that he would keep saying, "Drew's turn on airpwane." So mom, dad, whenever you have some time, Drew wants to come see you!!
Yesterday Drew got to play with his friend Owen over at the little park by our house. They had so much fun together. They ran around the playground more than they played on it!
The weather has been so nice that we've been playing outside. Too bad it's not going to stay that way. I think we have rain coming this weekend...in fact, I think it's coming tomorrow.

Last, but certainly not least, as we were getting things ready to go play with some friends today, this is what I found.


Now, if you can't tell what that white stuff is on his face, I'll tell you. IT'S LOTION!! Drew came up to me saying, "Mom, I dirty." When I looked over he was covered in it. His face, hands, feet, pants. All I could think was, "where did you get that, and what did you do with it?" This is what I found.

Yes, the lotion was in the hallway, in Drew's doorway, by Drew's bed, and on his white sheets. I had no idea what to do. I grabbed a towel and the carpet cleaner and started cleaning, and made sure Drew stayed out of my way. I was in no mood to deal with him. But he knew he was in trouble because he kept telling me, "Drew naughty." Oh yes, Drew, you were naughty! I'm sure it will stain, since lotion has oil in it, but what am I supposed to do? Any suggestions?

4 comments:

{Erica} said...

we had fun with you guys yesterday...ella kept saying that drew and owen were her princess friends???!!

loved that you took pics of the lotion...hopefully it'll all come out!

glad to hear drew didn't have to get stitches!

Debbi said...

oh, that is so sad about the bump and the lotion pictures - I would be soo mad if that happened. I hope you get it out - you'll have to post how you did it, so we all will know what to do when it happens to us. cute pictures!

Anonymous said...

Court-
I found this, let me know if this works. We just cleaned up fingernail polish off the carpet, and I tell you if it weren't for the internet, we would be in BIG trouble. Here's the site http://www.fabriclink.com/stains/carpet/handlotion.cfm, let me know if it works.

The Giles said...

ah don't you love when you think you're child is playing so nice and quiet by themselves only to discover they've gotten into something hugely disastrous like lotion, and now you have a huge mess to clean up?