Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy, Happy Birthday!!!

Times flies. I can't believe that my little Drew is 3 years old today! Where has time gone? I feel like it was just yesterday that I was in the hospital having him. And even though I still think of him as my baby, he's really growing up! I remember how fat and chunky he used to be, and now he's so skinny! It's crazy how they grow! I still wish he had those yummy cheeks!

Drew had his way of getting around when he was a baby, he would scoot on his back to wherever he wanted to go! I remember thinking, "He is never going to crawl!" But then, one day he did. And he wasn't crawling for long, because at about 11 months, he was walking. And then at about 13 months, he was running. He's been such a fast learner.


Drew is also one smart cookie! He knows all his colors, and can count up to 13! He has learned the difference between a red traffic light and a green one, and also knows what a stop sign is. He sits in the car telling me when the lights are changing color, "Mom, it's red. Stop!"

Drew loves his grandpas! He is constantly asking if he can go with grandpa somewhere, and I have to keep telling him that they live far away. His response is, "Oh, they live in Mytah (Utah)!" In fact, Thursday he asked my dad if he could go to work with him. It was so funny!


Drew loves pizza. Every time I ask him what he wants for lunch, I get the same response, "pizza!" Why do I even ask? It's the one thing I know he will eat. He is definitely like his father on that one! They can both eat it for every meal...I can't.

Drew loves his cars. You can't go anywhere in my house without finding one. He probably has 50-60 of them, and he knows when one is missing! And he'll ask for it until we find it! He goes around the house sounding like an engine. Lately he's been playing with his cars on the window sill in our kitchen, and he likes to crash his cars together. But they do get hurt sometimes, so Drew has to give them a kiss and make sure they're ok. How funny is that?!
Drew's other favorite thing to do is to wrestle with dad. He loves to get on the ground and give dad the elbow or lift up his leg like he's going to pick him up by it! And then jump on him with his knees! Poor Doug probably has bruises all the time because of all the wrestling!

Well my little man, HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY!!! We love you and hope your day is fun and exciting!

6 comments:

Crystal S. said...

Happy Birthday Drew! We can't believe that you're three already, you are growing up sooo fast! Thanks for being such great friends with Tanner and Brenner, they love you so much! Happy Birtday buddy!
We Love Ya Tons!

Aaron, Crystal, Tanner & Brenner

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

Oh how the time flys! He's so cute and I love all the funny things he says. I can't wait until my little man can talk!

The Chappell's said...

Happy Birthday Drew!

That's right it is Mytah - and don't you or your Mom and Dad forget it!

It does go fast - much faster than you ever want it to go - but it gets better too!

We love you and look forward to seeing you soon - we hope.

Love, The Chappells

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Drew! He seriously cracks me up! We love him! I loved looking at all of the pictures you posted. He was such a cute chubby baby! I can't wait for you to have your next!

{Erica} said...

I hope he had a great birthday yesterday. It was fun spending time with you guys and the party was great. Loved watchind Drew whack the pinata :)

he sure is a cute kid!

Andrea said...

Happy (late) Birthday to Drew. What a little stud that boy of yours is. Time does fly thats for sure. Before you know it you will have your new little baby, and Drew will be a big brother. Wow!