Wednesday, October 15, 2008

tube and train set

To most of you, this would be a tube for the pool. And you're right, that's exactly what it is. But to me, it's something different. This is my belly tube. What's a belly tube you ask, well, this is so I can lay on my belly!
When I was pregnant with Drew, my back hurt a lot. I was working full time in an orthopedic rehab hospital lifting people all day. So when I would come home, my back was so sore. One day when I got home from work, Doug had this laying in front of him on the floor in the living room. Of course my first response was, "Are we going swimming?" He chuckled and said no, and told me to lay down. He massaged my back until it was feeling much better. That's when I fell in love with his idea. As silly as it sounds, (you just lay on your stomach, putting your belly through the hole), I love it. He brought the tube out Monday night so he could practice some of his manual therapy since he had a test on it on Tuesday. Why I haven't brought this out before now I have no idea, but it's not going back in the closet until after the baby is born! Thanks for your silly ideas babe, you're the best!


A letter to Aunt Whitney and Uncle Jason:

Dear Whit and Jason,
Thank you so much for my train set. I get it out every day and play with it with mommy and daddy. It's so much fun! I especially love when it falls off the track!

Love,
Drew

4 comments:

Debbi said...

Ok, you are so going to laugh at me for this, but I have a question. I was trying to go to sleep last night, which is impossible since I normall sleep on my stomach and I can't now, but what if you got stuck in the tube?! Ok, laugh now, but really, I would be scared I would get stuck! I am such a dork. I love the idea though

Courtney said...

Trust me on this one, I'm absolute huge right now (will post a picture), and I've never gotten stuck!

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

That's awesome! I wish my hubby was a physical therapist!

suds2004 said...

Love the tube idea, Seriously I should try this. I miss sleeping on my stomach so much. I also love the train set, I know we talked about this but you have convinced me that we need one.
Rindee