Sunday, October 12, 2008

on the border

I have to say that now I know how my mother-in-law feels when she has to check her blood sugar. At my last doctor appointment, we found out that I am on the border of having gestational diabetes. Even though I don't have gestational diabetes, my doctor still wants me to check my blood sugar four times a day. Let me tell you, my fingers are getting sore! When I asked my doctor what this will do to Preston, he said absolutely nothing. He said that it won't make Preston any bigger than what he would be, and that it wouldn't put me as high risk (that's a relief)! So, I guess I need to just be a good girl and continue to check my sugars, and eat what I'm supposed to eat to keep everything normal. That shouldn't be too hard! :)

2 comments:

Debbi said...

what a pain - and how great you don't have that and aren't high risk! I always worry so much about it because my sister is a diabetic. I think they must just get used to the shots and the pricks. Gage was so excited about the purple people eater song on here - and he thought that doug's countdown looked like a maze and was so mad at me for not letting him play!haha!

Glad you are doing good - I can't believe how little time you have left! Post pictures!

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

Makes you have some sympathy for those old healthsouth patients huh?