Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Weekend Fun

We had quite the weekend! Saturday we decided to take a drive and go to the Center Grove Orchard. They had all sorts of things to do for Drew. We got the farmyard pass and that allowed Drew to play in a corn pool, take a hay ride, feed the animals, jump on a big pillow, go through a corn maze, milk a plastic cow, and more! It was worth the drive. I put together a slide show of the Orchard since there were so many fun things.




Sunday morning we let Drew open his gifts since it was his birthday. He was so excited, "The presents are for me?!!!" Once they were all opened, he had to take them downstairs to play with them.

Sunday afternoon, we went with some friends to Ledges State Park. And as my friend would say, It's a little piece of heaven! It's the one place here in Iowa you can go and feel like you're in the mountains! You even go down hill to get to some of the places! It was so beautiful! The river comes across the road a bit and the kids had so much fun throwing rocks into it. We took a picnic and enjoyed each others company.


Sunday night we had a small birthday party for Drew. He had some friends over and they were able to whack a pinata to get some candy. The pinata actually fell off the rope, so Drew decided to beat it with the bat on the ground...it worked! He received so many fun gifts and had yummy chocolate cup cakes.

Yesterday we didn't do anything, and today we went to the library and then have just played at home since the weather is crappy. It's been raining all day and it's pretty cold outside. But on the way to the library, Drew said the funniest thing. He said, "Mom, dad, my ears are tired!" I mean, come on! Are you tired of listening to me or what?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures of Doug and Bret! SO funny! Looks like you guys had a great weekend. I laugh everytime I picture Drew beating the crap out of his pinata! Sunday night was great entertainment!

Megan and Shawn said...

Happy Birthday Drew!!! We love you! It looks like he made away with quite the celebration. We hope he had a great day - I love the blue crown.

suds2004 said...

It sounds like you have been busy. This is a good thing, it will make being pregnant go by faster. I love the pictures of the Apple Orchard. We are planning to go this weekend, I can't wait! Happy Birthday Drew!