Friday, November 14, 2008

5

I can't believe it's already been 5 years! Where has time gone? Today is mine and Doug's fifth anniversary...WOW!



Doug and I were married November 14, 2003 in the Salt Lake Temple. It was a beautiful day, a little cold, but beautiful! I couldn't have asked for a better one. We had a morning ceremony, a luncheon, and then a reception. Let me tell you, by the time we got to the hotel that night, we were exhausted.


We spent our first night and the Anniversary Inn in down town Salt Lake. What a cool experience that was. If any of you have the opportunity to stay at an Anniversary Inn, do. Their rooms are so cool! Our room was called the Room with a View. And what a spectacular view it was. The bay windows overlooked all of the Salt Lake Valley. We drove to Vegas the next day and stayed at the Mandalay Bay hotel...total rip off. And then that next morning we drove to California. We stayed at the most gorgeous Marriott hotel in Dana Point that overlooked the harbor. I want to go back there so bad. It was beautiful. You could see the ocean from our room. The only place we visited was Catalina Island, other than that, we spent most of it together!!

(Laguna Cliffs Marriott)

I can't tell you what an incredible journey this marriage has been for me. Yes, we have had down times, but for the most part it has been wonderful. I couldn't ask for a better person to share the rest of forever with. Doug is such an incredible man and he never ceases to amaze me. He works so hard in school and is such a great father to Drew. Drew absolutely loves to play and wrestle with Doug and it makes me happy to see them enjoy it!

Doug, I love you and couldn't be happier with where we are at right now. I'm so excited to see where the next five years will take us. Happy Anniversary babe!

4 comments:

{Erica} said...

Happy Anniversary guys! I hope you do something fun!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Andrea said...

Happy 5 years!! Hope you get to celebrate tonight and do something FUN!!

Don't feel too bad about "mother of the year" I swear I feel that way about every other day!!

Elise said...

That is so exciting. I love to hear wedding stories. Happy Anniversary!