Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween re-cap

Since I haven't written anything about our Halloween festivities, I decided now would be a good time to share with you the things we did.

A couple weekends ago, we went to Howell's Pumpkin Patch and let Drew pick out a pumpkin. He picked one out, but wouldn't carry it, it was too dirty! Then he got to play in their little kid area. He drove little tractors, (with dad's help), and slid down a slide. Doug went down the slide too, but he had to lay down because it was all enclosed! Then we did this maze that was called the Left Turn Only Maze. You could only make left turns (as the name indicates) to find your way out. Doug and Drew made it, but I gave up in the end and headed out to meet up with them. After that we headed home.



Wednesday, Drew had a little Halloween party at school. He got to wear his costume and parade around for the parents who passed out candy.


As for Halloween, out here they go Trick-or-Treating the night before Halloween. They call it Beggar's Night. So we got Drew all dressed up in his adorable dragon costume and headed out with some friends to a nearby neighborhood. Drew loved running up the lawns to the door to say "Trick-or-Treat" and "Thank you!" After about an hour and a half, he was dragging his bag full of goodies asking to go home. It was such a good night. The weather was WONDERFUL! All you needed was a light jacket. I remember our first year here, it was so freezing cold that Drew's little nose wouldn't stop running and his fingers just about had frost bite on them.

Then on Halloween, our ward put on a chili cook off and a Trunk-or-Treat. Doug and I decided to dress up this year and went as the Juno characters. I of course was Juno, and Doug was Paulie Bleeker! Without him the costumes would not have been a success. He looked awesome! Thanks babe for dressing up!







After we got home from our ward party, Drew was so energized. He put on Doug's wrist bands and head band and had to wear them around. In fact, he still puts them on. He thinks they are the coolest!
Hope your Halloween was as fun as ours was, but I'm sure glad it's over. We have way too much candy!

4 comments:

The Chappell's said...

Hey - you go to bed! I know that you are up right now! and I also know that even with the time change it is at least 2:00 in IA. Okay, now that I have chastized you, thanks for your comments on our blog. One of these days I might become as clever and talented as you. And have fancy stuff on our blog.

Love you sweetie - now get some rest!

Jen

{Erica} said...

I still LOOOOOVE your costume idea! I cracked up while looking at the pictures though...the zooming in on dougs shorts ...hahahaha.

We have so much fun doing things with you guys :)

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

I love your costumes! I can never think of what do dress up as!

Anonymous said...

Every time I think about you guys in your costumes I have to laugh! You guys are hilarious. We had fun with you last night. We will have to do it again soon!