Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mother of the year

You know when you get the feeling that you should do something? Well, this is what happens when you ignore that feeling:

For the past couple of days I've had the feeling to remove the TV off of Drew's dresser and put it in the garage. Well, last night, I hear a huge crash and the scream of death. That's right my friends, the TV fell off the dresser and landed on Drew's head. Apparently he was trying to get his pajamas out of his dresser and the drawer was stuck. So he pulled hard, and down came the TV.

"Way to go mom, nice listening you did." I felt like crap last night because I could have prevented that from happening, and now Drew's head has a massive bruise. Luckily that's all it was. Can you say mother of the year?!!

4 comments:

{Erica} said...

poor kid...sad! No worries though, the horrible truth is that most of us have done that at LEAST once...so that should give you some consolation :). Plus, drew looks totally tough with his bruise. Just make sure he doesn't tell his teacher at school that his mom slammed the door on his face (yeah....ella did that...awesome). :)

Crystal S. said...

Oh Court, I think I have you beat with that award already. Last week, Tanner was being a stinker getting into the jeep. Being the mom that I am (always in a hurry) I slammed his little fingers in the door. Of course he cried, but I think I cried more than he did (ha,ha). I will give you the runner up Mother of the Year award (just kidding!)

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

Don't worry Court, the other day I was washing Jack's bum in the sink because he had diarrhea, long story, anyway and he was crying and I thought it was just because his bum hurt but it was really because the water was too hot and I burned his little bum!! i felt so bad!

The Chappell's said...

Get in Line!!!