Tuesday, November 4, 2008

SO DONE!

Some people have got a lot of nerve. A friend of mine posted about this a few weeks ago, and I have to tell you, my situation is nothing like hers is, but it still drives me crazy.

I can't tell you how over I am being pregnant. And apparently I look like I should have popped weeks ago. I have had 8 people in the last two days tell me just how I look...huge. On Saturday, I was walking into the grocery store, (still in the parking lot), when a man pulls up in front of me, rolls down his window, (mind you he has his kids in the car too), and the first thing he says is, "Let me guess, you're having twins?!" I just laughed politely and told him that I wished that was my excuse, and then he says, "Oh wow, you poor thing." The lady walking walking beside me was appalled he would stop and say that. And then, while grocery shopping, one of the workers walked by me and said the same thing, "You're having twins, right?" Again, I tell him no (which I should just play along with it), and he tells me, "That's some good stuff then, some really good stuff." I mean, come on! I know I'm a massive cow right now, but you don't have to say things like that. Don't people know, (especially men, since they are the ones asking me these questions...Women know better), that you don't say things like that to a pregnant woman? When you're this far along, you don't feel pretty at all, let alone comfortable, and then people have the nerve to tell you that you look massive and hoped you wouldn't last until your due date.

Although, I must say, that when women say something to me it's, "Oh honey, I certainly don't envy you." Thank you, thank you very much people. When we went trick-or-treating, a guy asked me if I was in costume, and his wife looked at him and says, "Oh dear, you can pull that off, she's definitely pregnant, that ain't no costume." WHATEVER PEOPLE!!

All I can say is that I'm glad I only have 28 days left, and then maybe I can actually go somewhere without people telling me how massive I am.

Thanks for the chance to vent.

11 comments:

Sarah Hastings said...

Rude! I think you look great, it is rediculous when people compare pregnant women (and when pregnant women compare themselves to each other). Hello, it's all about the baby being healthy, as long as you and your baby are healthy then it shouldn't matter how big you look. I am just glad you don't have much longer to endure such rude comments!

kdance said...

People are so retarded! Well, I think you look super cute. Hang in there, you're almost done!

{Erica} said...

see you should've told the dude that rolled his window down that he should know better. Seriously....were people raised by wolves?

I'm sorry you're having stupid things said to you. I think you look great and I can't wait for your little one to arrive...I'm more excited for you to have your baby than I am for the Twilight movie...hahahaha, that's saying something :)

Crystal S. said...

Court, I am so sorry! People are so rude, I remember not wanting to go ANYWHERE after I would come home from work. Work wasn't bad at all, I dealt with pregnant patients so they were very kind, it's those on the outside of those walls that can't keep their mouths shut. I remember when Grandpa would make fun of me, at the time it wasn't funny to me because I knew I was huge (of course Aaron thought it was funny, but wouldn't dare to laugh -ha, ha). Now I can laugh about it, although I still look like a cow.

Court, I think you look great!

Christi said...

Oh Courtney! I'm so sorry, and I so understand! I got so many comments when I was almost due with Logan. The worst was a girl I work with who had JUST had her baby. So she should have known better! I was walking past the school that I work at and she was there talking with her dad. Apparently he saw me and said -wow, how many are in there! So when I walked by she felt the need to tell me this, and remind me often at work, AND make a public announcement about it at a work meeting! Seriously I almost lost it that last time.
I hope this helps. Your not the only one and I'm sure you look GEOURGOUS!! Cause you always do.
-oh and I was really proud of myself (I never have good comebacks) the first time she said that I said, oh I don't know, 10! and laughed to myself about it.

The Chappell's said...

Hey Court,
People are stupid - it's part of being human. Just so you know - I do envy you, I think it would be great, reagardless of what other people might have to say, to be bringing a handsome young man into the world.
You're a strong girl and I know that you aren't going to let those comments get to you - because you know what is right. Put on your Quinn skin and take everything as sarcasim - just like you were here with us. Roll with it Baby, smile that beautiful smile - batt those gorgeous flower eyes - label the idiots as ignorant - and walk away.

Love you Babe-
Jen

Andrea said...

People really just need to keep their mouths shut. How annoying~ I definitely can relate to the "SO DONE" feeling. Since I prety much hate all 9 months of being pregnant, I am SO DONE by 12 weeks. haha! Hang in there, soon enough sweet little baby boy will be here, and all will be forgotten.

Anonymous said...

Oh Court! I didn't even know HOW uncomfortable you were getting... People are so dumb and don't think before they speak. I think you do look fully pregnant but not bad at all! Seriously, you look good! Like you're holding up well. :D Next time one of those comments flies at you, just give them an annoyed smile and turn and walk off. Hopefully that'll give them the idea that what they said wasn't really that funny at all. Hopefully it would make them think before saying things like that again! Hang in there! I love you!

Kristin said...

People are just dumb! I am sorry that happened to you....maybe if you lived in Utah it wouldn't have, cause everyone here is prego. ;) I miss you. When you come into town again, let me know so we can do lunch!

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

Ha! that is funny! I think we should make all the men in the world be pregnant so they can see what it feels like to gain 50 lbs and then shoot a bowling ball out of thier daddy parts!

Jason and Whitney Powell said...

Ha Ha I Know this isnt funny but people have no tact and for some reason thats funny to me.(It probably wont be funny to me when im pregnant but for now..)You know that all pregnant women are beautiful. Besides Preston is going to be a 20 pound baby so once he's out you're good... ok so maybe im one of those people who doesnt have tact.