Monday, November 10, 2008

imagination

Drew's imagination is really taking off. It's funny to me the things he comes up with and the things he does. He talks to himself all day...seriously, all day! He drives his matchbox cars around talking for the cars. He sings songs and finds new things to do. Yesterday was another one of those fun imagination days.

While getting him dressed, he had found a bear from his toy box. It's a football bear, and he hasn't played with it in probably a year. But as soon as he found it, his face lit up and he looked at me and said, "Mom, it's my football bear! He's my best friend. My best friend in the whole world!" I was trying so hard not to laugh, thinking, "Where on earth did you learn that from?" Later that night, he told Doug and I that the football bear had a name, and his name was Cody! Now he carries that bear everywhere.

Another funny thing he's been doing is when he goes to bed at night. He has to have one car, his gigantic puppy, his stuffed cow, four blankets, and now Cody! This kid definitely won't freeze at night.

(That is Cody laying accross his chest!)

3 comments:

{Erica} said...

he cracks me up! Ella tells me every day that some toy is her "Best girl ever!". It's so fun to see their imagination working. When he was over the other night Bret and him were trying to catch the dragon...you should've heard the sound effects he was making :)

Anonymous said...

HA! Drew is hilarious! I think my favorite "Drew Moment" is when he told us about his tail. :) Love that boy!

Unknown said...

Hi. How are ya? Owen will be playing by himself and he will be talking to someone who he always calls "his friend Drew". You look great. Keep us posted with the baby. I check your blog everyday just in case...