Saturday, October 20, 2007

First week alone

This week was my first week by myself and let me tell you, I don't know how I'm going to get through the next month. Drew knows that dad isn't around and he is doing everything he can to drive me crazy. I have never seen this boy throw so many fits in one day. Today, for example, I took him on a walk. The weather is nice (72*) and so I figured it would be fun. BOY WAS I WRONG!! He screamed the entire way....the ENTIRE way. He would throw himself on the grass and scream at the top of his lungs and then cry. He kept throwing his sippie cup down, so I finally took it away and that made him even more mad. I'm not kidding. All I could do was laugh at him. He looked absolutely rediculous. If he keeps this up he'll be spending the entire time in time-out!

I'm trying to figure out how to work since Doug is gone. I have a friend that has offered to take him a couple nights, but I'm not sure how it will work. Drew is having a terrible time going to bed at night and with him throwing these fits, it definately won't work. I just have no idea what I'm going to do with him...any ideas on how to keep him entertained?

4 comments:

Christi said...

Feel like a 4 hour drive? You can come stay with us for a week. Visit all the totally cool places in Lancaster. We would love to play with you two. We are still trying to make friends, so we have a pretty open calendar. It would be tons of fun. But that doesn't help your work situation. Darnit. But seriously, you are invited. I hope tomorrow goes better. Just remember we love and miss you.
Christi

Anonymous said...

Well my friend I have little advice when it comes to kids since I don't have my own yet. My little brother LOVES trucks and tractors we would always have to play trucks to keep him entertained. I hope you didn't think I was rude today. I wanted to stop and talk for a sec but I was talking to my mom and my stupid phone kept dropping the call! We need to hang out sometime soon! I KNOW! Does Drew like dogs? You should bring him over to see Ginger!

{Erica} said...

Duct Tape....lots of it...and a sturdy wall...that'll keep him in line :)

Debbi said...

I'm with Erica. :)

Bring him down to our house. We have lots of cars and trains to keep him busy!