Sunday, October 28, 2007

what a weekend

To start, our Trunk-or-Treat was on Saturday and it started off a bit sad. Drew threw a fit...I know what you're all thinking, "Wow, another fit!" After a bit he calmed down enough to realize that if he wanted candy, he needed to go around to all of the other cars and get it. We had such a great time with our friends and their kids...oh, and lets not forget about our "White trash" mullet-wearing friend Bret!




Next, I finished the second book in my series!! This one is called "New Moon," and it is just as good as the first book. In fact, this book only took me just over a day to read. I got it on Saturday and I finished it Sunday morning before church! Now I can't wait to finish the third book to the series, "Eclipse."

And then in church we got some sad news, our ward is splitting. They just split the ward about a year ago and now they are splitting it again. But that's not the sad part. The complex I live in is moving to another ward, so that means all of the student families, all but 9, will be in a different ward. And the really sad part is one of those 9 families staying in the ward is our good friends Bret and Erica. I know we'll see them during the week, but it isn't the same going to a ward that your friends aren't a part of. But what can you do when your ward is just too darn big. I mean, we have three (maybe four) nurseries! But I can tell you one thing I'm going to like about it, I won't have to find a sub for all of december!!

4 comments:

Debbi said...

How did you like the second book? Most people don't like it as much and say it is slow. I think the first half is...and I even like Jacob. The 3rd book is better, but I just want to read the 4th!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! All the kids looked so dang cute that night. I can't believe you are already done with the second book. I need to kick it in the butt! I am still working on it!

Anne-Marie said...

way to be optimistic about the re-boundary. :) Nothing like getting out of a calling. Maybe this time you'll make it to Relief Society??

Jason and Teresa said...

Wow You must be a fast reader. Or a really good book- know I am just a little afraid to starting it. I Know my house would go to "POT" if I got into it like you have. Good for you though. I will look them up soon - love ya